Terms of Business for Earl Grey Lodge
1st January 2015
1. Check in time is after 3.00 pm; however we will try to accommodate earlier occupancy with prior agreement.
2. Check out is 11.00 am, if you wish to leave your car in the driveway please discuss this with the lodge as other guests could require the parking area.
3. Breakfast is available in the guest lounge between 08.00 and 10.00; when the lodge is full breakfast is provided upstairs in Greys Restaurant. Food provided is for the complimentary breakfast of guests staying and is not for use as snacks throughout the day, nor for friends of guests.
4. Greys restaurant menu is posted outside the front door and can be found on our web site www.earlgreylodge.com Reservations are required for dinner, staying at the lodge does not guarantee a table in Greys Restaurant.
5. The Lodge is open to resident guests and non residents dining guests only. All guests need to make reservations to dine in Greys Restaurant. The lodge facilities are provided for the use of resident guests only. The lodge facilities and grounds are not available to any other people without the express agreement of the owners.
6. The Lodge is licensed under the liquor board of British Columbia and only alcoholic drinks bought from Earl Grey Lodge Inc can be consumed in public areas. Our licence is to midnight, the bar may close before this.
7. The Lodge is fitted with a fire alarm system; please vacate the premises if you hear the alarm sound and move to a safe distance from the lodge.
8. Lights in the entrance vestibule and front porch are automatic and we ask that any guest going to bed late to turn off the remaining lights in the guest kitchen. Greys Restaurant is not for the use of residential guests after hours.
9. Due to the design of the Lodge, we request that you take other guests enjoyment into consideration especially with regard to noise.
10. Padlocks are provided for the ski racks outside and guests leave their skis at their own risk. Special arrangements can be made for mountain bikes.
11. Guests staying at the lodge have use of the village hot tubs, swimming pools and sauna and other facilities. Please ask us for access cards.
12. We hope you enjoy your stay with us. Please ask if you have any special requirements or request, we will try and accommodate you.
13. The lodge is pet friendly and we allow pets on a pre-arranged basis, to be catered for in the rental bedroom. Room bookings are only entered into on the understanding that owners agree to the following conditions. We request that suitable bedding/cage/Kennel is brought with you.
Pets are allowed in your rented bedroom, please make sure that pets are dry and their paws/feet are clean before bringing them to your room.
Pets are not allowed upstairs in Greys Restaurant or in the communal guest kitchen or lounge
Please clean up after your pet, if you require plastic bags please ask the owners. There is a garbage bin on the front deck for disposal
Owners pay for any damage caused by their pet.
The lodge does not offer pet sitting services and owners are responsible for their pets while at the lodge.
Pets that are left in rooms should ideally be crated and are not allowed on the beds or in the baths. We reserve the right to ask guests not to leave pets unattended if they are noisy in the owners absence
If pets are aggressive or interrupt the enjoyment of other guests, we reserve the right to ask guests to remove the animal (if the guest are not around we reserve the right to remove pets from the bedroom); Guests may be asked to leave the lodge under section 11 of the General terms of business in extreme circumstances, no refunds are given under these circumstances.
We charge an additional cleaning charge of $25.00 for each bedroom per 3 days and reserve the right to charge a fee of $200.00 deep clean if the room is soiled or the bed linens have been obviously dirtied by pets.
14. Earl Grey Lodge Inc accepts Interact, credit cards (Visa, MasterCard), cheque or cash, please settle your bill before leaving. Bills with restaurant usage on that are not settled before departure will have a 18% gratuity added to food and drink.
15. We would recommend that you bring slippers for your stay and would appreciate you removing your outdoor shoes and leaving them in the entrance vestibule before going to your room or upstairs to Greys Restaurant.
16. Booking accommodation does not guarantee seating in the restaurant. Please book any night you wish to dine.
1. All rates are net non-commissionable.
2. Rates are valid only for dates quoted and subject to change prior to receiving the confirmation deposit.
3. Room booking does not occur until the deposit is received. No verbal holds.
4. Special room requests are noted but not guaranteed.
5. Parking on the Lodge property is at the guest's liability and Earl Grey Lodge Inc does not accept any liability for goods lost or stolen from vehicles or outside the lodge.
6. Guests are responsible for any damages incurred to the Lodge during their stay.
7. All rooms and public areas in the lodge are non-smoking. A minimum fine of $200 applies per infraction.
8. We will try to honor all original booking conditions when a stay is changed, however we can't guarantee price or configuration of rooms.
9. All accommodation is subject to availability. We reserve the right to change room configuration due to unforeseen difficulties.
10. Bookings are not weather specific and refunds are not available if the weather is not as predicted or hoped for.
11. In the event of non compliance of the terms of business or abusive behavior by guests Earl Grey Lodge Inc reserves the right to ask guests to vacate the premises. No refund will be given in these circumstances.
DEPOSITS & PAYMENTS for Accommodation
Your verbal or written authorization of the use of your credit card indicates your understanding and compliance with Earl Grey Lodge Inc terms of business.
30% of the total cost of the reservation is processed as a non-refundable deposit.
Full Payment will be taken on the credit card provided for final payment. Full payment is taken 30 days prior to arrival.
In the event that a booking must be cancelled, we will try and re-sell the room/s, if successful we will reimburse the cost less a 10% administration fee.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellations made 30 days or more from arrival date will result in forfeiting the 30% non-refundable deposit. Cancellations made within the 30 day period results in forfeiting of total amount.
Please note if we are unable to process final payment and we have tried to contact you, we will cancel the reservation no later than 10 days prior to arrival and the deposit will be forfeited. Unused portions of a reservation are non-refundable.
Accommodation Adjustment Policy
Changes to reservation dates may be made up to 14 days before the arrival date, the total of the reservation may increase dependant on the new dates selected. No date changes are permitted within the 14 day period before the arrival date.
Date changes must be within 6 months of the original arrival date for all seasons.
DEPOSITS & PAYMENTS for Functions
A payment of 30% of the agreed estimated is required as a non-refundable deposit to confirm the reservation and make the booking firm.
The 70% remaining balance of the agreed estimated is required 30 days prior to arrival and will be charged directly to the credit card given for deposit. Pre dated cheques may be left with us to cash.
All function accommodations and venue space must be confirmed with final payment made 30 days prior to arrival. Your reservation may be moved, changed or cancelled without notice if the final payment is not made 30 days before the event. Earl Grey Lodge Inc will use its best endeavors to obtain the final payment and will inform clients of changes to the booking due to non payment. In the event of cancellation of rooms,
There are no refunds on payments unless there has been an overpayment.
FUNCTION RELEASES & CANCELLATIONS and OWNERSHIP
Function cancellations received within 30 days of the date will result in forfeiture of all payments.
Cancellations received 30 days before the event will result in forfeiture of the deposit.
In the event of change of ownership. Earl Grey Lodge Inc will return any deposits received to the clients or give the clients the option of continuing their booking with the new owners, subject to operations being continued. Deposits will be forwarded to the new owners for the agreed event and confirmed in writing to the client.
GROUP DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS
An accurate and detailed itinerary and rooming list with any special requirements must be provided to the lodge 10 days prior to arrival.
A phone call is requested one day prior to arrival to reconfirm details.
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that estimates can not reduce by more than 10% in value. In the event that a client wishes to reduce an estimated value by more than 10%, Earl Grey Lodge Inc reserves the right to charge 90% of the agreed estimated or the $4000.00 minimum charge fee which ever is greater.
A minimum charge of $4000.00 + taxes and 18% gratuity is charged for exclusivity of Greys Restaurant. Rooms will be let to other guests unless the room exclusivity package is also taken, a 2 night minimum stay is required. Earl Grey Lodge Inc reserves the right to decline the room exclusivity package.